Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2012

A CHRISTMAS BOOK FULL OF TREATS

Good Morning to you,

During the run up to Christmas, when  I am busy and need to take a break, I will make a cup of coffee, sit down and flick through a magazine or book.  At that moment I do not want to read the words, I just want to rest my mind and enjoy the photographs.  The reading will come at a later date when life is not so busy.




With this in mind, I  want to show you the Christmas Book I have used for many years. This book was written by Nanette Newman and was published in 1984 and is the book which inspires me year after year with it's wonderful recipes and  photographs.
 
So without anymore words..... well maybe the odd one or two, stop what you are doing, make a cup of coffee and  let your mind relax and enjoy the photographs.


Christmas Goose
 


Smoked Salmon and Watercress Mousse



Tipsy Chicken


Christmas Cake



Sweet Treats



Stilton Savouries


I hope you did take a break and  relaxed with your cup of coffee....even for just a couple of minutes.

This week I shall be joining,

Take care and I will see you on Sunday.





15 comments:

  1. What a lovely book! You can get many ideas on how to style your table from this book! I'm sure your dinner will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images, Daphne. Your cookbook looks delightful and I can see why you get so much pleasure from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely book and it was a nice treat. Thanks for sharing Daphne. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some unique recipes in the book. I always love to try new things

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old decorating and holiday books. Everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous book, such lovely photography. What is your favorite recipe you've tried from it?

    And now I'm so hungry! ;)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daphne! THANK YOU! i needed that. i have been cleaning my kitchen and needed that break. My droid and i are so slow. It has taken all day to get to you. I need my computer. But, i traded in my new camera for a point & shoot that I LOVE!!!! YAY! i can comment but cant post. Love & Seasons Greetings. I've wondered where you've been.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What GORGEOUS photos! I, too, am inspired by book and magazine photos and just yesterday was FINALLY able to open up the Christmas issue of Cottage Magazine and savor all of the holiday beauty. I'm your newest follower. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to have a great book, full of inspiring pictures, and recipes!
    I too love a good magazine or book.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and a bright and blessed new year!!


    Warm wishes....
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy flipping through holiday books too. I have a couple put out by Victoria magazine-- really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous book! I love the cake wrapped in the red ribbon. That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful book! I remember Nanette Newman - she is an actress, isn't she? I saw her in several movies.

    Thanks so much for joining in this week and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a wonderful book Daphne!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...