Pages

Saturday 29 March 2014

IT'S ON WITH THE PINNIE FOR THE HILLARYS BLINDS COUNTRY CRAFT COMPETITION

Good Morning to you,


....... I've done it!   It was touch and go as to whether I would finish my project.... but finish it, I have.

I have beaded and sewn until my fingers are so very sore, but I am so very proud of what I have achieved.


This is the top

and


this is the bottom.

I have made the most fabulous
Hostess Pinnie.

I just felt it was the perfect thing to make,
because I always wear pinnies when I cook
and as Natasha and Danielle pointed out to me,
I am always saying,
"Now it is on with the pinnie".


Here is a closer look at the head of my proud peacock.  I had intended to use sequins, but I found the most gorgeous tiny beads, tucked away in one of my tins, which look perfect. It took me five hours to sew these little lovelies in place.


I used invisible thread to attached the flowers and centre beads, and I have to tell you, invisible thread is not the easiest thread to work with, but the results are perfect.


....and here are the finished tail feathers.  I think you will agree that they look just a little fabulous.


You can see much better in this photograph that there is not a thread in sight.

I had intended to take a photograph with me  wearing  the pinnie, when George returned from his walk, but the weather became so grey and overcast, that the inside of the house grew quite dark, so I had to act straight away and could not wait for George to return. So I laid the pinnie on the table, but I could not get the whole pinnie in the photograph. So it is a pinnie of two halves.

Now as part of the Hillarys Blinds Country Craft Competition I need to tell you how I made my pinnie.

HOW I MADE 
MY
HOSTESS PINNIE


I cut a heart template out of baking parchment,
for the top of my pinnie.

I then cut three heart shapes.

The first in the Bird Parade material,
the second in a cotton
the third in a cream backing fabric.

I tacked the Bird Parade material
to the cotton material,
as I find this give the beads stability.

I then started my bead work.

When the bead work was finished.


 I placed the backing fabric onto the finished beaded 
Bird Parade fabric
and machine stitched.
I left a 4" gap either side of the base of
the heart to enable the heart to be turned
inside out.

Before turning inside out, I snipped the edges of the heart.
This allows the seams to lay flat,
when turned inside out.

I then cut an oblong shape 20" depth x 27 width
for the lower half of the pinnie,
from the Bird Parade material,

and


I machine stitched the two sides and bottom
of the Bird Parade material,
(the bottom being the hem)


I folded the Bird Parade material in half to find the centre
and marked the centre with a pin.

Using a running stitch, I stitched  3" either
side of the centre point.
Then I pulled the running stitch to create little gathers.


I then,
cut 4 x 23" by 2" pieces of material
for the  ties
at the waistband
and the neck.

I then folded each piece in half and machine stitched.
I left the top section open
so that I could turn the ties inside out.

I then pressed the ties
and stitched the openings.
I attached one set to the top of the pinnie
to tie around the neck.


I then
cut a waistband,
25" in width and 5" in depth
and folded in half, length ways
and


top stitched the two sides and top of the waistband.

Here you will notice my mistake.  
I should have attached my ties before I stitched
the sides of my waistband.
So yes, this stitching was unpicked, and the
ties attached and then restitched.
I just forgot to take a photograph,
but you will see the correct version below.


I attached the waistband to the lower part
of the pinnie.
As you can see I could not resist a little embellishment.



Then I stitched the bib
to the



pinnie
and if I have not missed
out any instructions
you should
have,
at this point,
the 
most
fabulous
Hostess Pinnie

Oh I do hope so!


Now, it is in the lap of the Gods..... I have to tell you I really enjoyed making this pinnie..... but I think I will not be doing any beading for a little while.

I am now free to catch up with you, so I promise I will be replying to your comments in the next couple of days and I will also be out and about visiting you again.

I am now going to soak my hands in lavender water.

Take care and I will see you on Wednesday.

This week I will be joining,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...