Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

WOMAN'S WEEKLY MAGAZINE

Good Morning to you,


Do you remember a little while ago, I mentioned how I love reading magazines and how I hate to part with them.  Even those which are years old, I tuck them away and re-read them at a later date.

Well today, I have a magazine to share with you, which I will never, ever, part with.


The magazine in question is the Woman's Weekly magazine and guess what, 



I am so proud to tell you, that, Ivy, Phyllis and Me! has been featured in an article written by Gillian Harvey for Woman's Weekly.

Gillian wanted to write a feature about women who blog, and the ages were important.  Initially I thought Gillian wanted to write about bloggers who were over 50 years of age, but it turns out, that the featured bloggers were  60 years and over..... me being the eldest.

I never imagined that at the age of 62 years, I would be featured in a magazine..... how fabulous is that.


We knew the publication date, so  we awoke  this morning with great excitement. Do you remember on Sunday, I mentioned to you that Danielle was visiting Natasha in India.  Well we arranged to Skype each other at 9.00 am this morning..... this gave George time to go to the Newsagents to buy a magazine or two.

.....but the girls were so excited, they could not wait until 9.00 am, they rang at 8.00 am. They asked to see the magazine article, and it was "Can you move it to the left".  "Now can you move it to the right" Then it was "up a little, now down a little".  They then asked me to read the article. As I read the text,  I could not see their faces, because I was concentrating on what I was reading, but George said, Danielle had tears in her eyes and Natasha had a smile that went from ear to ear.  To hear my daughters tell me they are so proud of me is so wonderful. In the end we were all beaming with pride.

I have to be honest with you, I never imagined that this would happen to me..... I mean, who imagines that they will be featured in a magazine. I am a normal woman, going about my day to day business, who also happens to blog about something which I love..... food. I love cooking it, I love sharing it and I love eating it.... so it's perfect. I absolutely love sharing my recipes with you and the added bonus is, because of Ivy, Phyllis and Me! I have made some wonderful friends from across the world.... what more could I ask for.

Now here's the thing, do you remember, I told you about Ivy, winning baking trophies,


and Certificates of Merit.  Well Ivy's Cups and Certificates of Merit were awarded by the Woman's Own Magazine.  I never knew if she was featured in the magazine, but judging by this photograph, I would imagine she was.

So Ivy's Cups and Certificates were awarded by the Woman's Own Magazine and my blog was featured in the Woman's Weekly Magazine..... I could not be prouder.

Pop along and visit Woman's Weekly  as it is jam packed with interesting articles. I just know you will find something to enjoy. Whether it is knitting, crocheting, gardening, reading short stories, or solving puzzles, there  will be something for you to enjoy.

I thought you would love to hear about the other women who were featured.  Pop over and visit Sarah from Down on the Allotment and  Linda from Chalky's World. There is one other blog which I just know you will love, Linda from Linda's Crafty Corner

Just before I go, I have to tell you the peacock is finished.... yes it is finished and I love it.  Now it is time to get on with the rest of the project.  I am hoping to be able to share it with you on Saturday and then I will be able to reply to all your wonderful comments.

Until then, take care.

This week I will be joining,











No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...