Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

SUMMER DELIGHT

Good Morning to you,


This year I have been fit and healthy and I have not been struck down with any of those horrible winter or summer viruses, which seem to be around throughout the year. 

.... but yes you have guessed it,  today I am not well.... I am coughing and spluttering and feeling poorly.  George had a terrible night's sleep.... I think I kept him awake with my coughing, so I decided to get up early this morning, as sitting upright, certainly helps with the coughing and it allowed George to get his rest.

So my words are few, there are no stories today, but what I  want to share with you is,


a lovely summer drink, which I call a Summer Delight.  It is non-alcoholic and perfect for these warm summer days.

So it's on with the pinnie and as I was deciding which album to listen to,  I discovered a lovely surprise,


the fabulous Otis Redding, the album was tucked into the back of the shelf where I keep all our albums and I haven't listened to it in a long time. I remember listening to 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay' on my transistor radio, as a teenager..... yes really a transistor radio.... that was many moons ago.

So whilst Otis serenades me with 'These Arms of Mine',  I am ready to organise my ingredients.


INGREDIENTS

Enough ice to fill a jug a third full
125ml elderflower cordial
250ml apple juice
125ml lime juice cordial
1/2 litre of sparkling mineral water
1 lemon
1 lime
1 apple
3 sprigs of milk

HOW TO MAKE A
SUMMER DELIGHT


Place the ice cubes into a
large jug

and


add the 
Elderflower cordial,


the Apple juice,


the
Lime juice cordial


the sparkling
mineral water
and 
stir.


Finely slice
 the 
limes
and
 add to the jug.


Finely slice
the
lemons
and 
add to the jug.


Cut the apple into segments
(I have to tell you, I absolutely love
this little gizmo)
and


 then slice the apples.

Add to the jug.


Wash the mint

and


add to the jug.

Stir everything together.


Pour into a
summery glass
and add a 
sprig of mint
and garnish with a 
slice of lemon
or 
a slice of lime.

..... there are a few instructions that will help you enjoy your Summer Delight even more.

Firstly, find a good book to read...  I am reading 'The Vintage Teacup Club' by Vanessa Greene.  

Secondly, find a shady corner in the garden.

Thirdly, place your favourite chair and a little table in the shady corner.

Fourthly,  find a small stool to put your feet on and place in the shady corner.

Fifthly, take your Summer Delight and your book into the garden and place them on the table.

Sixthly, sit on your chair, put your feet up, read your book and enjoy your Summer Delight..... blissful.

Take care and I will see you on Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...